Queer Rose tagged me. That means I have to give you seven random/weird facts about myself, and then tag seven other people and give the rules. Here’s the trivia, tagees at the end.
1. When I was seventeen I (accidentally) sliced my boyfriend’s eyelid in half with a broken glass of water
2. An adolescent parakeet once ejaculated on my thumb
3. My tools for modern survival- fish oil and ear plugs. I cannot sleep (except in the woods) without earplugs, and fish oil is pretty much my anti-anxiety medication. My dependence on industrial civilization- tiny gelcaps of oil from small, wild caught fish, filtered of lead and mercury and PCBs. After all of this is gone- who will filter my fish for me? Also- if I were to wake up one day and be deaf, I don’t think I would mind it.
4. If you ever want to drive me completely batshit, write something and pluralize all your word’s with apostraphe’s. You know, like you went to the store and got apple’s, walnut’s and some blank CD’s. I fucking hate that shit! Because it’s wrong, is why! An apostrophe makes something POSSESIVE. NOT. PLURAL. And it’s fucking EVERYWHERE. It literally burns me when I see it. A plague of improper punctuation!
5. I have a tattoo on my left calf that pretty much explains me. It’s a stanza from Walt Whitman’s ‘Leaves of Grass’ and it says this-
Space and time! Now I see it is true, what I guess’d at-
What I guess’d as I loafed on the grass,
What I guess’d while I lay alone in my bed,
And again as I walked the beach under the paling stars of the morning.
I also have the phrases “Empires Fall”, “Hopeless Romantic”, and “The forest eats itself and lives forever.” tattooed on me. If I had the money, I would get all of the following quotes tattooed somewhere on my body-
For thou hast within thyself heaven and earth.
-Hildegard von Bingen
-I am certain of nothing but the heart’s affections and the truth of the imagination. -Keats
-What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -Emerson
6. I travel with a pound of coconut oil and a baggie of celtic sea salt
7. There are no penguins in Alaska.
I feel like there’s more, better stuff, but I can’t think of it right now. Thanks, Rose, for the tag, and now I’m tagging these fine bloggers (I cheated and picked eight)-
And here are the rules-
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog – some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.